Sonntag, März 28, 2010

New York die Zweite

Jetzt war ich innerhalb von 8 Monaten schon das zweite Mal in NY! Dieses mal mit meiner Marketin Klasse. Das hies volles Programm, ca 70 Schueler und auch dieses Mal hab ich gaaanz viel fotografiert.


Mittwoch ging es um 5:30 AM los und nach ca 6 Stunden Busfahrt sind wir dann in NY angekommen. The Highlight of the day was the Blueman Group. This show was so awesome! But I'm sorry I can't really describe what it is.... some comedy + music + show elements. The audience gets involved also. The first 4 rows were wearing ponchos because the 3 blue men were spitting stuff and they poured some fluid color on the drumms. It just looked gread. They also called ppl on stage. So this show was definitely worth all the walking we did before. We got a tour at 'Madison Square Garden' (a icehockey/basketball arena - I didn't konw what it was before and still don't know why it's called garden). Well, the tour might have been more interesting if I'd be more into basketball or ice hockey. We also walked to see ground zero (where the world trade center used to be) and the NY Stock Exchange and Wall Street (both not really interesting for me).


Thursday continued with a lot of walking. The day started with the 'Today Show'. I don't know what we were supposed to see there cause the show is inside but there we saw what kind of weird dressed ppl walk through NY. Next we went to the 'NY high line'. This place wasn't really high but it was some kind of garden at an old railroad track. The tour we did in the 'radio city music hall' was better than 'madison square garden'. Now I really wanna see their Christmal show one time. The day ended with a Broadway Show! We watched the musical 'Mamma Mia'. It was great! I just wanted to get up and dance and sing with them :D In these two days I've definitely seen the best 2 shows in my entire life. I can't remember any rally good play I've seen in Germany. (The best thing about 'A clockwork orange' was the exelent grade I got from writing a critic about the play afterwards. ;) )

On Friday we got to see the 'Statue of Liberty', Central Park, 5th Avenue, and Madame Russauds. Some of the wax figures seemed so real and others looked completely wrong. So we got many pictures with some celebreties :D In the end of the day I just got a littel annoyed, that we never got the chance to get some souveniers even though there were ppl selling stuck EVERYWHERE!! The only time we had time for shopping was at macy's and on 5th avenue. 5ht Avenue is next to the Central Park with stores like Louis Vitton, Gucci, Prada, Tiffany's etc. Well, I didn't feel like spending my money there. So in the end our chaperone could convince our teachers to get to one souvenier store real quick.

Yeah that's everything about my second stay in NY. I think the city is kind of weird. All these huge buildings - but what is in there? It can't just be all office space but I just can't imagine ppl living in there. And if so, there are no grocery stores anywhere and we just saw one school. And the school we just noticed because of the busses in front of the building. Then there are always ppl walking around everywhere. NY is always busy. It kinda looks as if they werre going to work all dressed up. But there are so many of them all day around.

Zum Schluss noch einige der vielen Fotos...
































Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen