Montag, Dezember 28, 2009

My American Christmas

When I woke up on Dec 24th my first thought was: “Lets take the next flight to Germany. By the time we are there we can open our presents.” But even here in America this day was fun, preparing the stockings for the animals and hanging them in front of each stall, picking our outfits for church :) and going to church. Yes we even could make church not boring since I tried to sing ‘Silent Night’ in German. Unfortunately I failed because I couldn’t really remember the lyrics. After church we changed into much warmer clothes and drove to D.C. to see the Christmas lights. Each year they put a huge tree up in front of the White house with 56 small trees around. One for each state, D.C. and the colonies. But none of us really liked the lights and Sarah and Patrice couldn’t get over the fact that the lights were just boring white and not colorful.


Christmas was the most wonderful day ever. Yes, we had a white Christmas! Everything was so exciting. I think American Christmas is our Christmas Eve and St. Nikolaus day combined. They have presents in the stockings hanging at the fire place and a ton of presents under the tree. Seriously, the Americans take the whole gift giving part way more important than we do. I have never seen so many presents! I’m not kidding!!! And what I’ve told you before about the many presents was nothing. On Christmas morning there were even more presents than the days before. And it didn’t just look like a ton because they put every little gift card in a box so it looks even more, we spend about 1.5-2 hours opening presents. After that Sarah and I went feeding the horses and preparing Scotts main presents, a small motorcycle. It was hidden in the old small horse trailer. Scott had to follow a string of yarn, crawling under tables and walking through the snow to find it. It was a perfect surprise and he took Sarah and me on a fist tour. By the time we got back in the house it was lunchtime and we finally got our breakfast. Later we let the dogs in to give them their stockings and putting Santa clause hats on their heads to take pictures. Sarah and I spend the whole entire day watching Harry Potter and trying to figure out how Modern Warfare and Photoshop work. At night Patrice’s sister and Sarah’s cousin came over for dinner and afterwards we watched ‘Little Miss Sunshine’.


This was my special American Christmas 2009.

Now the snow is melting and we can finally ride the horses again. But it is still really uncomfortable because it is still cold and windy. So we have to decide what is more important to us and what we wanna do.

Yesterday we went to a football game in Washington again. Redskins vs. Cowboys. This time it was even more fun than last time and I'm surprised that we did't loose our voice cause of our "Indianergeheule" :D This time I have to show you pictures of our sets. Be impressed and jealous. ;)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen