Dienstag, November 24, 2009

Is it already Christmas time??


Yes this is real! A Christmas wonderland in Berryville. At night it looks even better. They have lights everywhere, the carousel is moving, they have a countdown till Christmas, and music is playing. Even if this is the only frontyard, which is decorated like this (till now), people are talking about when to put up the Christmas tree and the stores are ready for chistmas. And it wasn't even Thanksgiving yet.

I haven't wrote to you in forever. So what's going on...

Cross County is over. Our teams made it to states, where the girls got 4th and the boys got 1st. I'm still impressed how fast they are. On districts and regionals it was really funny that almost our entire guy's team finished before any other guys form the other schools. Now I'm starting with indoor track. Again I chose running as my sprot. But even if it's called indoor, we're running outside.

Last Saturday I was on a dressage show. This time I wasn't only there to watch. I participated in two test - with success! I didn't expect anything but I got two blue ribbons. And guess what place this stands for :) I got first! Acutally it wasn't that special because in the first test I basicly competed against myself and in the second there was just one other rider. But I'm still proud of Rosalie and me because our scores are still really good, especially for our fist competition.

On Sunday I went to the movies with Ally. Aaand what did we see? The same movie that came out in Germany this weekend. Who else has seen New Moon?? We had so much fun and afterwards we went to have dinner. Chocolatechip Pancakes for dinner. I've never had this in Germany. But even if the movie was good I still think that I like the first one better since that one made me smile all the time while in the second one I got mad at almost everyone. I don't know what you think about this.

This weekend will be another special American experience. My first Thanksgiving. That meens a lazy day with turkey and a lot of other food. On top of that we don't have to go to school the next 5 days.

1 Kommentar:

  1. haha they had the same decoration in their front yard last year! i wish i could be there too right now! im so jealous ;) hope you have a great time! tell tanya and ricky i said hi and give flutie a HUGE hug from me whenever you see him! :)
    have fun at thanksgiving!!!

    Laura :)

    AntwortenLöschen